The origins of our company lie in Amstenrade, where J. Schils started the business in 1925. At that time our activities mainly consisted of milling and mixing raw materials for local bakers and farmers.
The first successful experiments with animal feed and milk replacers for calves were completed at the end of the 1950s. We soon started expanding rapidly through exports and by setting up branches in Italy, Belgium and Germany. We entered the calf wholesale business in 1970 and were soon expanding our own fattening farms. In 1980, we built a new production facility that focuses entirely on the production of milk replacers and animal feed.
After the VanDrie takeover in 2004, Schils invested 10 million euro’s in the production facility. To guarantee innovation and reliability of our milk substitutes and animal feeds, the current facilities are equipped with the most advanced equipment, which is reflected in outstanding efficiency and flexibility. The VanDrie Group is the worldwide market leader in the production of veal and the production of milk replacers and animal nutrition.